Yeast overgrowth is often over-looked as a cause of many health ailments. While we need and will always have a collection of yeast and bacteria throughout our bodies and gut, an abundance of the bad can leave you with a myriad of symptoms.
Common signs of yeast overgrowth:
- constipation, bloating, or gas
- depression and anxiety
- brain fog
- white coating on the tongue
- intense sugar cravings
- chronic sinus infections/ mucous
- nail fungus
- food or environmental allergies
What I have found best for dealing with yeast is:
- Eliminate all sugar (this includes fruit, honey, and sweeteners), vinegars, and yeast containing products from the diet. Drastically reduce grain consumption- stick to gluten-free grains only.
- Introduce healthy bacteria through a high-potent probiotic
- Consume garlic and anti-fungal herbal supplements including grapefruit seed extract, Pau D’arco, oregano oil, and olive leaf extract in rotation.
- Focus on quality vegetables, meats, and fats.
- Listen to your body and support the systems.
Try these tips for 6-8 weeks and note any changes in your body. If yeast is the issue, you will definitely notice a difference. It is important to take time to relax, surround yourself with healthy food options, and be aware that a healing or detox reaction may occur. This usually results in increased symptoms that subside after a few days.
I am currently starting a yeast cleanse and will update with any changes, suggestions, or issues I hit along the way. Feel free to contact me with any questions and good luck!